If you log onto your parent portal account you can easily see how many passes your child has (Link to Directions). There are two types of passes on your account currently and it is important to note the difference.
The first type is your regular makeup passes that you received for either reporting an absence or for an emergency cancellation. Those passes will say (1 of _, 2 of _, etc). If there is a date noted next to these passes it means that your child already received a make up class for that particular pass, Ex (1 of 10) 10/27 @10 am would mean that your child made up this class already on Oct 27th at 10 am. If there is no date listed then the pass is still available for use. The other kind of pass is for when we were forced to close by the state due to Covid-19 and those will say “Extra Pass”. All of these passes are available for your use this summer.
Both types of make up passes can be used to book individual make up classes this summer. As soon as Swim Tank gets the official approval to reopen we will begin listing make up days/time for families to start booking their passes (we will notify you via email when booking is open). Families can log onto their parent portal and select days/times that work for their schedule.
A great way to use your passes quickly is to bring your children 4 or 5 days in a row, creating your own mini-intensive! Swimming multiple times a week is a great opportunity to improve your child’s endurance and skill. Our office staff will be available to assist families along the way with any questions they might have.
Booking make ups will be much simpler this summer because you will not be restricted by specific level options as all lessons will be private this summer. Because lessons will be a private 1:1 ratio two passes will be applied for each class that is booked. When requested, siblings will be allowed to share a class if they are not too far apart in level. Since they will work in a 2:1 ratio one pass will be applied for each child. Due to the restrictions and guidelines provided by state and local DOH, private lessons are the only option unless students are siblings.
Make up passes are unique to the student to whom they were applied to and cannot be transferred between siblings. Once booked, make up passes cannot be rescheduled without 72 hours notice, no exceptions. If you are unable to attend at all this summer please see the question at the end of this FAQ section titled “What if I cannot or do not feel comfortable attending class this summer?”
Based on the restrictions and guidelines of the state and local department of health we are only able to offer private lessons at this time. We can only accommodate semi-private lessons under two circumstances. The first would be for siblings if they are not too far apart in level, and the second would be with the infant/toddler level where a parent gets in the pool with the student. For the infant/toddler semi-privates we have to assign specific times so that we have enough pool space to allow for parents to be 6 feet apart during their entire class.
Weekly Intensives (sold as 1 week package)
– Class runs 5 days in a row Monday – Friday
– Open to students of any level ages any level ages 4 months and older
– Parent participation required in water for children under the age of 2 1/2
Weeks: July 6th, July 13th, July 20th, July 27th, Aug 3rd, Aug 10th, Aug 17th, & Aug 24th
Days/Times: Monday through Friday (5 days in a row) 12:00, 12:30, 3:30, or 4:00
Summer Session Class Set (8 weeks)
– Private lessons offered 1x week on a specific day & time
– Semi-Private classes will be offered for siblings only, upon request
– Open to students of any level ages 4 months and older
– Parent participation required in water for children under the age of 2 1/2
– Infant/Toddler (4 months – 3 years old) have the option to do private or semi-private lesson (semi-private lesson times will be listed separately below – participants will be socially distanced throughout their class but share an instructor)
- Private Lesson Times
– Classes can be converted into semi-private for siblings upon request
– Mondays, Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays:
– 9:00, 9:30, 10:00, 10:30, 11:00, 11:30
– 2:00, 2:30, 3:00, 4:30, 5:00
– Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays
– 11:00, 11:30, 1:00, 1:30, 2:00
– 4:30, 5:00, 5:30, 6:00, 6:30, 7:00
- Infant/Toddler Semi-Private Lesson Time
– Class will be converted into private lessons unless both spots are booked
– Parents will have the option to cancel if class must be converted
– Mon & Fri (9:00, 9:30, 10:00, 2:30, & 3:00)
– Sat & Sun (9:00, 9:30, 10:00, 3:30 & 4:00)
– Tues, Wed, Thurs (11:00, 11:30, 4:30, 5:00, 5:30)
– Private Intensive weeks will cost $450 per student for each week booked
– When booking 4 or more intensive week 4 -8 will receive a 10% discount
– Private class sets will cost $640 per student for the full 8 week session
– A 10% discount will be applied on the second class when booking 2 or more times per week for the same student
– Semi-Private sibling sets will cost $360 per student
– Semi-Private sibling intensive will cost $250 per student
– Semi-Private infant/toddler (with parents in water) will cost $320 per student
– Please see special summer offer drop down for details on discounts
Registration will be done online via your parent portal during the week of June 22nd. Payment will NOT be expected at the time of registration unless we have specific confirmation from the Westchester County Department of Health that we will be allowed to open the week of July 6th. Until we have a confirmed date NO payment will be expected. Specific details will be sent to the families that are interested in registering for a summer class.
If you only wish to book some random make up classes, you do not need to do anything until we send out the email saying make up classes have been posted.
On Monday June 15th we will send out a postcard that you will complete to let us know if you want receive a summer registration invitation. Please note that this is in no way a binding notification. You will still have the opportunity to change your mind up until payment is due.
We understand that some families may not feel comfortable returning just yet and for those reasons we are extending the use of your makeup passes. If you register for a session anytime from this summer through the summer of 2021 you will be able to retain your make up passes for use. Please remember that passes are unique to the student that they were awarded to and are non transferable.
Registration for the fall will likely be delayed until we have a better sense of the restrictions that will be required then. We have heard that schools will be given guidance sometime in July so once those decisions are made we will have a better sense of our limitations. We are hoping to plan registration for late July or early August so stay tuned.
This shut down has crippled many small businesses, and unfortunately we have not been spared. Unfortunately we are being forced to stay closed longer than many other businesses and we will have to follow strict guidelines when we do reopen. The only thing keeping us afloat at this point is small business loans that we applied for to help cover some expenses. The future is uncertain, but we are hopeful that we are headed in a positive direction and that reopening, even in a small capacity, is the first step towards recovery.
As a company we have two goals right now. One is to re-open in the safest way possible, and the other is to generate some new income. Generating enough new income to pay our monthly bills like rent, utilities, maintenance, & salaries is going to be very challenging for us for a few reasons. Our overhead is very high due to the exorbitant rent and property taxes associated with both of our locations not to mention the maintenance costs involved in operating a pool. Reopening is going to be an uphill battle for us and the company is likely to continue to operate in the red until the social distancing guidelines are reduced.
We hope to open the week of July 6th. If that happens it gives us about 8 weeks to run a summer session that could bring in some revenue. The restrictions will drastically limit our ability to turn a profit. On top of that, we have to allow families to use their make up passes which will reduce revenue now, and in the future, since we are extending the use of everyone’s make up passes.
Despite the further financial impact we have decided that for students who were enrolled in session #3 (Feb to mid April) we would offer a monetary discount for the cost of their summer classes based on the number classes that we had to cancel due to the Covid-19 pandemic. This will make it easier to ensure that our session #3 clients are able to make up all of their missed classes. This means that if parents commit to an intensive or an 8 week session they can have a guaranteed day/time to use their passes without the hassle of individual bookings, and they will receive a monetary discount.
Swim Tank will not turn a profit at all in 2020 even if we went back to “normal” in fall which is highly unlikely. Capacities will likely continue to be limited based on government guidelines for the foreseeable future. It will take us years to climb out of the debt we have incurred and will continue to incur during this pandemic. We cannot offer refunds as we just don’t have the money to do so, and we can’t offer credits past the summer because they restrict our ability to generate new revenue. Transferring passes to siblings who might purchase their own session will also restrict potential new income.
As a small business we feel that we have done what we can to do the right thing by our clients by offering this summer discount and by extending the use of passes for those families who do not feel comfortable returning just yet. We are ensuring that the student who’s class was cancelled due to the pandemic is getting the full value of their cancelled class via a discount this summer or via a make up class. There is little else that we can fiscally commit to as we are not a large corporation backed by millions/billions of dollars in assets and revenue.
How it works. Disinfection and protection:
1. EnviroShield We treat your facility using the EnviroShield system by spraying all surfaces and objects with a disinfectant. The electrostatic sprayer allows the product to wrap around all objects and surfaces to provide complete disinfection throughout. With this service, you can eliminate 99.9% of germs that spread common illness and contagions on every workstation, floor covering, wall, desk, and, every computer keyboard (the most contaminated). EnviroShield has no adverse effects to the environment, staff, or visitors. The best way to describe this process is to compare it to disinfecting your hands with Purell hand sanitizer. Purell will disinfect your hands, but once you touch something you are exposing yourself to bacteria and virus once again. After EnviroShield is sprayed all objects and surfaces are completely disinfected. If you touch objects and surfaces after the product is sprayed, the surfaces will be exposed to virus and bacteria once again. This is where Endure comes into play.
2. Endure We treat your facility with Endure by spraying all of the same surfaces and objects we sprayed with disinfectant. Endure is sprayed using an electrostatic sprayer and the treatment will wrap around objects and surfaces to provide a protective coating. Again, you will not be able to see, feel, or smell the product. Endure will encapsulate the surfaces that were disinfected with EnviroShield. Viruses and bacteria will be killed on contact if a person touches an object or surface after your facility is treated with Endure. Endure will provide protection for up to 6 months.